Work Done 2024

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Today I had planned on mowing all the lawn with the push mower until the pull rope broke. Tomorrow I see if the trail mower will start up, if it does, I'll do the rest of the lawn with that.

Today I had planned on mowing all the lawn with the push mower until the pull rope broke. Tomorrow I see if the trail mower will start up, if it does, I'll do the rest of the lawn with that.
I couldn't mow today because once again - a weekend with at least one day of rain. Sorry to hear about the pull rope. My Craftsman snow blower has gone through at least 3 pull ropes for some reason. A couple years ago my son gave me an old Ariens snow blower with electric start after he bought a new one, This past winter I think it was only needed twice.

Today I put away the wood rack next to the stove, cleaned up ashes/small wood pieces all around it and inside, If the stove is needed this month I'll just bring in a 5 gallon bucket or two of wood.

Reactions: thewoodlands
I couldn't mow today because once again - a weekend with at least one day of rain. Sorry to hear about the pull rope. My Craftsman snow blower has gone through at least 3 pull ropes for some reason. A couple years ago my son gave me an old Ariens snow blower with electric start after he bought a new one, This past winter I think it was only needed twice.

Today I put away the wood rack next to the stove, cleaned up ashes/small wood pieces all around it and inside, If the stove is needed this month I'll just bring in a 5 gallon bucket or two of wood.
We bought the push mower in 2009, this is the first pull rope that broke since we bought it. I've been telling the wife I would get the trail mower out so tomorrow will be the day.

The steaks with pasta did the job, my wife did inform me we don't have anymore sauce left in the freezer, guess I'll be making more.

A neighbor bought the steaks we had tonight for some work I did for them.

Work Done 2024

Reactions: 30WCF
So, I cut way into a strip between the woods and the road so I could get the buggy in and start dragging stuff out. On the way out I stopped at a tree that I had cut some kudzu vines on because one was growing up the old vine.

Ok, I'll clear it. As I yanked the last of vines out I realized it was poison ivy, not kudzu. Hey 3 pointy leaves, right?

End of the day lol. Shower time. I'm not really allergic to ivy but I was wearing it by the time it hit the ground.

The buggy still needs a little love but I came out with several loads of brush and 6" pine chunks.

It'll do.

We bought the push mower in 2009, this is the first pull rope that broke since we bought it. I've been telling the wife I would get the trail mower out so tomorrow will be the day.
I bought the Craftsman snow blower in 2012! That's not bad just one pull rope in 15 years. What is a trail mower? I assume more heavy duty than a common lawn mower or tractor.

That meal looks good. I made a cheeseburger with home made fries - original plan was to fire up the grill for the first time this season.
But it was still raining pretty good at dinnertime.

Tomorrow I plan to spread some of the wood stove ash pile in the garden. My late neighbor would do that and always have a good yield of
of vegetables.

I bought the Craftsman snow blower in 2012! That's not bad just one pull rope in 15 years. What is a trail mower? I assume more heavy duty than a common lawn mower or tractor.

That meal looks good. I made a cheeseburger with home made fries - original plan was to fire up the grill for the first time this season.

Tomorrow I plan to spread some of the wood stove ash pile in the garden. My late neighbor would do that and always have a good yield of
of vegetables.
I would imagine the trail mower is like the walk behind DL bush hog my neighbor has. He says it'll cut 2 inch trees and such. I'm going to take him up on his offer to use it.

of vegetables.
Last year we bought a DR 44T Field and Brush Mower, we had less ticks on the dog and us last year from keeping the grass/brush and other chit down.

1716076843247.png

Last edited:

of vegetables.
The cheeseburger with homemade fries sounds good too. Since I've been keeping my weight in a certain range, I've been eating wraps with lettuce during the week with my second or first meal of the day English muffins. When Thursday hits I'm ready for a nice meal.

We try and use our grill all year, the wife wanted it up in the attached garage so we could do that.

Wow, different than I imagined! Looks like it's made for serious heavy duty work. That's great another benefit is less ticks.
That must save a lot of time over getting rid of brush and related growth manually. Things that a typical mower/tractor couldn't handle.

Oh and I just saw your post about your meals - very similar to me. Not a lot of meat, cheeseburgers maybe once a month or so. Lunches are usually vegetarian, could include english muffin pizzas. Toward the weekend then maybe some meat.

One thing I'll miss until next season is a pot of (usually vegetarian) chili or stew cooking on the woodstove all day on a weekend. I do believe one of the benefits of processing and burning wood is the exercise we get .

Last edited:
Wow, different than I imagined! Looks like it's made for serious heavy duty work. That's great another benefit is less ticks.
That must save a lot of time over getting rid of brush and related growth manually. Things that a typical mower/tractor couldn't handle.
It's built pretty good, it sure beats doing it with the weed trimmer or the push mower. I can do everything, that includes the trail by the brook in less than an hour.

I also use it on the lawn too but the lowest it will cut is 4 inches. We're on sand back here so once we get in a hot stretch without any rain, we like leaving the grass at that height.

Reactions: Stelcom66