Skytech remote turning off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Spaz

May 3, 2024
Nova Scotia
I started using the remote on my Quadrafire CB1200 and after about 3 days of usage it starts gets about 10 minutes in and stops feeding pellets. I woke up this morning and it was stone cold the remote showed it on, but no pellets in the pot. I had to hit reset and it fired up. It turned off at the predetermined temp. When it got cold enough it restarted and did the same thing. I then unplugged it from the wall and restarted again and it was good. Couple of days from now it will do the same thing. Mean while operating fine. Most irritating. Can I assume my receiver is toast? If so what's a cheap replacement? It's a Skytech SMART STAT II.

Last edited:
Have you tried the "Learn" procedure to be sure the receiver is reading the remote?

sam

Well it happened again. I caught it just as it happened. It stops dumping pellets before the heat fan comes on. Hit the reset and away it goes.
Have you tried the "Learn" procedure to be sure the receiver is reading the remote?

sam
Won't come on if it wasn't. The remote is the temperature control.

I've been reading and discovered the remote is just an on off switch. It has no control over the auger other then turns the whole stove on. So some where in the guts is the issue.

I have a skytech remote thermostat hooked to my harman, I know on mine if I don't have the temp control knob on the stove high enough it doesn't work correctly.

Reactions: scajjr2
From a cold start if the stove does not get warm enough it
shuts itself down thinking there is no fire, that may be where your problem lays
check and clean the thermocouple

Yes check the thermocouple cover, see if brushing it off might help. Also that it's in the cover all the way to the end.

From a cold start if the stove does not get warm enough it
shuts itself down thinking there is no fire, that may be where your problem lays
check and clean the thermocouple
I've been reading and heard about that. It has been on low, so I bumped it up to medium and see what happens. Thanks

It's definitely got something to do with the low setting. It started and was blowing hot air, and I turned it down to low, came back 10.minutes latter and had shut off. The stove had been professionally cleaned that day. I hit the reset button and away it went. Pretty bad that Quadrafire sells something like this. So lesson learned DONT START IT ON LOW.