Type of Stove Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Damian Riley

May 13, 2024
Fewston
Hi

I'm trying to identify what type of Stove Pipe is in the picture as I need to extend the pipe by a metre (6 inch internal diameter).

Any help gratefully received.

Damian
Type of Stove Pipe

That is chimney pipe. Stove pipe is what connects the stove to the chimney pipe inside the room. Can you post a picture of the cap?

Hi, thanks for your reply. Sorry but I don't know all of the correct terms and am not sure what a cap is. I've attached a picture of the complete chimney. As you can see, it doesn't meet modern regs and often smoke will blow back into the house.

Type of Stove Pipe

I don't know the chimney pipe type, but I can see that the chimney is not tall enough to meet code requirements for the 10-3-2 rule.

Type of Stove Pipe

Looks a lot like supervent. You can get a cap that twists on too.

Type of Stove PipeType of Stove Pipe

If it is SuoerVent, you will need to attach the new section with a clamp.

Type of Stove Pipe Type of Stove Pipe

I've been told by Supervent that it is a Powrvent System 250 chimney pipe that was discontinued 20 years ago. Doesn't look hopeful for finding any!

Thanks everyone for your help.

I've been told by Supervent that it is a Powrvent System 250 chimney pipe that was discontinued 20 years ago. Doesn't look hopeful for finding any!

Thanks everyone for your help.
If it's that old chances are it's worn out and needs replaced anyway