Sending Email Messages
You can send other members email messages directly from the Member List or
from their public profiles.
- Every message sent through the forum is logged and the forum administrator
can view all of the following from the Administrator's Control Panel:
- The Subject line.
- The screen name of the sender and the recipient.
- The date and time that the message was sent.
- The IP address (numeric web address) of the sender.
- The email address of the recipient.
That is all the administrator can see; he or she cannot see
what you type in the body of the message. The purpose of this is to prevent,
monitor, and address abuse and to uphold the law.
- You cannot see a member's email address when you email him directly from
the forum; however, upon receiving your message, the member can see
your email address.
- No one is permitted to use the forum email messaging system to advertise.
Abusive or offensive messages will not be tolerated. For more information,
see About Ads & Offensive Messages.
- To send an email message to a member, do the following:
Click the member's EMAIL button.
- Log into the forum.
- Do one of the following:
The Email Console form is displayed in a popup window.
In the Email Subject text box, enter the subject.
In the Email Message text box, enter your message.
If you want the system to email you a copy of the message, select the "Send
me a copy of this email message" check box.
Click the Submit button.
A "successfully sent" message is displayed.
Click the Close Window link or use the standard close button at the top
of the window.
Forum Help Topic List
Back to Hearth.com Forums
Receiving Email from
Viewing the Member
Viewing a Member's Profile
About Ads &