Viewing & Replying to Private Messages
When you receive a private message, you navigate
to the private message InBox in your Control Panel to view and reply to it.
- To view your private messages, do the following:
- Log into the forum.
- Do one of the following:
- Click the Private Message link in the statistics box at the top of any
- Click the Your Control Panel link at the top of any forum page; under
Private Messages, click the InBox link.
Your InBox is displayed. New messages are preceded by a
Click on the subject line of the message you want to open.
The message is displayed.
To reply or forward the message, click the Reply, Reply All or Forward button,
just as you normally do when you answer your email.
The New Message form is displayed. The "threaded"
message you received is automatically displayed in the Message text box between
opening and closing [quote] tags.
Place your cursor above or below the quote tag (depending on whether you
want your message to appear above or below the threaded message you received).
Follow the instructions in steps 5 through 10 in the topic Sending
- If you are replying and are not adding any additional recipients, you
can leave the Recipient and CC text boxes as they are.
- If you don't want to include message threads in your private message replies,
you can delete the [quote] tags and the text between.
- If you no longer want to receive private messages, you can disable
that feature in your preferences.
Forum Help Topic List
Back to Hearth.com Forums
Sending Private Messages
Private Message Notification
Selecting Email Preferences
Deleting Private Messages
Saving Private Messages
Enabling/Disabling Private Messages,
Avatars, or Signatures