Review of Harman --- P61A -- Freestanding Stove burning Wood Pellets
Installation Type: Wood/Coal - Freestanding into metal Chimney
prior to Nov. 2004*)
Satisfaction Ratings from 5 stars (best) to 1 star (worst)
Satisfaction with unit = ✰✰✰✰✰
Satisfaction with dealer = ✰✰✰✰✰
Satisfaction with manufacturer = ✰✰✰✰✰
Other Information about the Home and Stove
Room Size (Sq ft): 800 | House Size (Sq feet): 2000
Bought in 2001 , Price Paid: 2650.00
Location : Washington, NJ 7882,
Purchased from: Fireplace Retail Store - Bodmer Stoves
Where to start?
1. Incredible heat output. This is the first winter where the house was actually warm.
2. Hassle-free operation; just pour pellets in, and the bottom-feeding setup pushes ash and clinkers out of the way. My Quad 1200 required shutdown 2x per day to clean clinkers.
3. Simplicity of design means fewer things to break down
4. Glass stays clean; Quad 1200 glass soots up in a day. Quad does have a larger glass area, but what good is it if it's smoked up?
5. Quality construction-this thing is built like a tank!
6. Temperature control: set the temp to 70, and that's where it stays, no more, no less. Quad had my house temp all over the place, even with a thermostat.
7. Cleanliness: doesn't make an ash festival in the hearth area. Quad made such a mess that I had to buy a 2nd shop vac.
8. Massive hopper capacity with the optional extension. Can go days without refilling.
9. Efficiency: the P61A produces more heat using less pellets.
I could go on and on.
Hopper lid should open from the other side. Pretty minor.
I had a Quad 1200 for less than a year, got utterly disgusted with it, and wound up trading it to a neighbor for a wood chipper. The P61A BLOWS the Quad 1200 away. If you are looking at pellet stoves, the P61A is the way to go. It is everything a pellet stove should be, and more.
* Dates that reviews were submitted were not recorded prior to Nov. 2004