Review of Jotul --- 400 -- Freestanding Stove burning Wood only
Installation Type: Wood/Coal - Freestanding into metal Chimney
Satisfaction Ratings from 5 stars (best) to 1 star (worst)
Satisfaction with unit = ✰✰✰✰
Satisfaction with dealer = ✰✰✰✰✰
Satisfaction with manufacturer = ✰✰✰✰✰
Other Information about the Home and Stove
Room Size (Sq ft): 360 | House Size (Sq feet): 1600 cape
Bought in 2008 , Price Paid: 2800.00
Location : stamford, ct 6901,
Purchased from: Fireplace Retail Store -
great stove, been a wood burner for 40 years.this one is the best.
windows get dirty.
if you have the time and like to keep the windows clean.
1. build a fire in the back 2-4 splits.
2. keep the front doors cracked and damper wide open.
3. around 200f start to add more wood and close door.
4. when you have a good bed of ash and add more wood leave
door crackes until you have a good flame.
I always stay near the stove when the doors are open.
best way yet to keep my 400 windows clean.
* Dates that reviews were submitted were not recorded prior to Nov. 2004