1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Review of Harman --- TLC-2000 -- Freestanding Stove burning Wood/Coal

Hearth.com Wood Stove and Fireplace Review Section - thousands of ratings and reviews on wood, pellet and gas stoves and fireplaces

Review of Harman --- TLC-2000 -- Freestanding Stove burning Wood/Coal
Installation Type: Wood/Coal - Freestanding into metal Chimney
Date Reviewed: prior to Nov. 2004*)

Satisfaction Ratings from 5 stars (best) to 1 star (worst)
Satisfaction with unit = ✰✰✰✰✰
Satisfaction with dealer = ✰✰✰✰✰
Satisfaction with manufacturer =

Other Information about the Home and Stove
Room Size (Sq ft): | House Size (Sq feet):
Bought in 2001 , Price Paid: 2300
Location : Pekin, IL 61554,
Purchased from: Select Store Type -

Likes:

Dislikes:

Comments: For a detailed rating you can see my above articale (Rec #765) on the Harmon TLC-2000.

Listen, I think I have really come across something here and am very pleased to share it with you. We live in central IL (corn belt). My friend that farms started talking to me about corn burning stoves. I started to experiment with shelled corn in my TLC-2000. Guess what? It works GREAT!! Coal in our area is about $140/ton. Shelled corn at the grain elevator is $70/ton!! Corn is not quite as hi BTU as coal, but it still burns plenty hot and is a lot cleaner!! We now burn 75% corn and the remaining 25% is wood or coal. I can't tell you how pleased I am to discover this. Corn is CHEAP, CLEAN BURNING, CLEAN TO HANDLE and 100% renewable energy made right here the good old USA. If you live in the midwest, this stove is the gouge! It gives you a lot of versatilitly with fuels! Contact me if you have additional questions: dkhenry@grics.net
Cell: 309-648-7847

* Dates that reviews were submitted were not recorded prior to Nov. 2004