♫ For he’s a jolly good fellow ooooo,♪♫ ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benchwrench

Feeling the Heat
Sep 1, 2011
State of Confusion
...♫ that nobody can deny♫♪
singer-1.gif

I have learned so much great information here on Hearth.com that I had to express my appreciation.

Even though I've had a WB stove for the past 20 years doesn't mean I knew how to control it.

From this site I've learned so much from all you guys, for instance; how to manage a burn cycle, and in my case this is very important to me since my stove is being pushed during cold months keeping the gas bill to an absolute minimum. And I think that's the name of the game right there.

Thanks to Hearth.com I've found a great vendor to purchase my chimney liner and all that it intails (thanks Dennis and Eric). I've learned what helps to control a burn cycle also how to burn down coals, understand thermometer readings and stove adjustments needed through out the burn cycle, I mean there are so many valuable tips that I just can't list them all, besides there are always more new ideas with each season that passes.

Some of you guys make great suggestions regarding what works for them such as a deep fryer ladle for sifting ashes from coals, I think this is a great idea, also the gizmo brush kit that attaches to your drill as to keep guys like me from attempting a roof top chim sweep job down from below instead. I mean the list goes on...

So
thanks.gif
Hearth.com and all who make it what it is today.

And we've burned wood over 50 years and still learning. I hope we never stop learning.

The way I see it is if a person uses the search functions here there would be no need to post anything else for a while.

By searching, I know they'll get the answer they're looking for. There's been many times I was interested in opening certain topics of discussion only to find many threads already started in the past that had enough information in them that there was no need to go over the same thing again.

I'm going over to the wood shed right now and start a new thread about when wood is considered seasoned, and moisture meters! :lol:

well if you don't someone else will!

Status
Not open for further replies.