020AVP died, Looking at MS192T

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomez

Nov 19, 2007
Pineville, PA
My old Stihl 020AVP wasn't running, so I dropped it off at the dealer.
Dealer called after several weeks, saying it would be ~$350 to fix the saw.
Although the saw has some sentimental value (I won it at a grand opening contest
when I was 11), I think it's time to replace it.

I have a 260 and a 361 for the medium and larger stuff.
I've been thinking of a top handle saw for limbing.

The MS200 is a bit more than I want to spend, looking at the 192T
but was wondering one of the top handled Echo models with a bit more
power would be the ticket.

Gomez said:
My old Stihl 020AVP wasn't running, so I dropped it off at the dealer.
Dealer called after several weeks, saying it would be ~$350 to fix the saw.
Although the saw has some sentimental value (I won it at a grand opening contest
when I was 11), I think it's time to replace it.

I have a 260 and a 361 for the medium and larger stuff.
I've been thinking of a top handle saw for limbing.

The MS200 is a bit more than I want to spend, looking at the 192T
but was wondering one of the top handled Echo models with a bit more
power would be the ticket.

on a budget I would go with the echo 360 top handle it has a little more power than there 330
the ms192 is way under powerd imo

I have the 200T and the 192T. The 200T is much closer to what you have now, but I hear you about the cost of a new one. The 192 is a little under powered, but it's super light and a dream to use on little stuff. A friend has the Echo, it has a little more balls than the 192 (but weighs a lot more), but it's noticeably down on power compared to the 200T. The 200 and 192 also feel better in use. That said, the Echo is a decent saw for the money... just watch the A/F mixture out of the box.

[quote author="Wet1" date="1251937944"]I have the 200T and the 192T. The 200T is much closer to what you have now, but I hear you about the cost of a new one. The 192 is a little under powered, but it's super light and a dream to use on little stuff. A friend has the Echo, it has a little more balls than the 192 (but weighs a lot more), but it's noticeably down on power compared to the 200T. The 200 and 192 also feel better in use. That said, the Echo is a decent saw for the money... just watch the A/F mixture out of the box.[/quote

200 and 192t one fore each hand? lol the 200 the way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.