1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

024av

Post in 'The Gear' started by greggo730, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greggo730

greggo730 New Member

Loc:
    eastern ct
    Hello to all:
    I have an 024 Stihl that I just rebuilt the carburetor and I'm trying to adjust the idol. I have the LA screw turned out all the way but the chain still moves.Can I adjust the L screw to stop it from moving?I didnt want to play to much with the carb settings.Or do all the setting have to be reset when the carb is rebuilt?

Thanks Greg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    Go to Madsens website, they have some really good howto's on chainsaw tuning and adjusting - there is a definite sequence to follow, and they do a really nice job describing it, including audio files of what the saw should sound like... I think you'd have to have a live person to do any better.

Gooserider
  3. greggo730

greggo730 New Member

Loc:
    eastern ct
    Thanks Gooserider:VERY COOL WEBSITE!! I wouldnt mind picking up a tach if they were a little cheaper.

Thanks again!

Greg
  4. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    No problem, glad to help out... I figure that much as we like folks hanging around the hearth, it is far better for us to point to good sources of expertise than to try and do it all ourselves, and probably not as well...

Gooserider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.