024av

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greggo730

Jul 26, 2008
eastern ct
Hello to all:
I have an 024 Stihl that I just rebuilt the carburetor and I'm trying to adjust the idol. I have the LA screw turned out all the way but the chain still moves.Can I adjust the L screw to stop it from moving?I didnt want to play to much with the carb settings.Or do all the setting have to be reset when the carb is rebuilt?

Thanks Greg

greggo730 said:
Hello to all:
I have an 024 Stihl that I just rebuilt the carburetor and I'm trying to adjust the idol. I have the LA screw turned out all the way but the chain still moves.Can I adjust the L screw to stop it from moving?I didnt want to play to much with the carb settings.Or do all the setting have to be reset when the carb is rebuilt?

Thanks Greg
Go to Madsens website, they have some really good howto's on chainsaw tuning and adjusting - there is a definite sequence to follow, and they do a really nice job describing it, including audio files of what the saw should sound like... I think you'd have to have a live person to do any better.

Gooserider

No problem, glad to help out... I figure that much as we like folks hanging around the hearth, it is far better for us to point to good sources of expertise than to try and do it all ourselves, and probably not as well...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.