034 for $100?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxed_out

Jan 19, 2010
Central Pa
Gentlemen. Guy near me has an 034 that needs piston (scored) and a crankseal. Nice looking saw-not beat up on the bottom...he says it was used it for firewod. Looks like the cylinder is fine . I havent done one of these. Is it worth the time and effort? Whats the procedure? Special tools required to split?

Spliting the case I would walk.....Run forest run! ;-)

smokinjay said:
Spliting the case I would walk.....Run forest run! ;-)

LOL what Jay said. ;-) Sounds like a money pit to me & real pain in the ass.Put that $100 towards something better.

$ 25.00 $ 30.00 tops, or" what Jay said. " Put a 036 slug & jug in it, & have a nice little saw for $ 200.00 & some time. A C

Thanks for the advice guys, I took a closer look and it and she also had a bad crank bearing on the clutch side so I left it.

Status
Not open for further replies.