036 Lip stick only?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana

Fuel filter looks brand new, spark plug same thing-but replace. 7pin worn out replaced, chain not bad but sharpen,bar stright and flat. Piston Looks real good. Will be firing this bad boy up soon.

Attachments

• resixe 036.jpg
    resixe 036.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 317
  • resize 036.jpg
    resize 036.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 319
  • 036-3 resize.jpg
    036-3 resize.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 328
Jags said:
Heck, it sounds like a little cleaning and that thing will be ready for the prom.

Yea even a blind squirrel get lucky.....Should have it looking good for the Sunday run!

smokinjay said:
Jags said:
Heck, it sounds like a little cleaning and that thing will be ready for the prom.

Yea even a blind squirrel get lucky.....Should have it looking good for the Sunday run!

Is it a new to you saw, or are ya working on it for somebody?

Jags said:
smokinjay said:
Jags said:

Is it a new to you saw, or are ya working on it for somebody?

Working on it for someone..The reason I like to dog the 036,360,361,362 everyone around here has one. There will be 3 running Sunday! . This 036 muffler port is as big as my 880. Should be a hot saw.

This one by the feel of the pull may out run there 361's time will tell.

smokinjay said:
The reason I like to dog the 036,360,361,362 everyone around here has one.

So what I am hearing is that it is the industry standard by which all other saws are measured. :lol:

Jags said:
smokinjay said:
The reason I like to dog the 036,360,361,362 everyone around here has one.

So what I am hearing is that it is the industry standard by which all other saws are measured. :lol:

From the Boys around here Yes! Its a sweet saw just a few things I hate about them.

With Mmaul help she is up and running strong!

O and that looks just like the one on my bench.... They wont give me the doh to fix it they just want it running so they can come by and get it.....

southbound said:
O and that looks just like the one on my bench.... They wont give me the doh to fix it they just want it running so they can come by and get it.....

That not going to happen, I am running it and he into me for 6 hours of work....On the splitter crew he goes why he watchs me burn this thing up....Oh and he not affarid to put money in it. Just didnt need but 13.47 to make it a strong saw!

southbound said:
smokinjay said:
With Mmaul help she is up and running strong!

Nice... video?????

what no trip threw the dishwasher??????

Yes and Yes will up load it Friday! lol

southbound said:
I need bout $150 to make mine run.....

This kid got the saw free...Didnt know even how to start it. Piston look like it just came out of the Factory...Awesome 036.

That one looks a little better than the one that I ran over with the brush cutter. Bounced out of the tractor bucket, there were pieces of Stihl everywhere.
Doug

This saw was hardly used just never cleaned, a new plug, sprocket, fresh gas and a little carb adjustment and is off to the races with it.

She is alive!

little adjusment and she is ready to run.

MMaul said:
little adjusment and she is ready to run.

I put you on it Sunday....No one know the 360's better!

Talk to some members of my family and the 036 is the best saw ever made. I'll put it threw the paces.
I couldnt hold it still. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.