066 for $475? Should I be driving there instead of working???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefus78

Minister of Fire
Jul 27, 2010
Just Outside Indy
Title says it all. Not a beauty contest winner, 20" B&C. Tached, Comp tested, and tuned. Should I be buying? Honestly I dont have a need for this saw......YET. It will open doors though I am guessing????

GO GO GO Tell your supervisor you're violently ill with stomach flu or something :smirk:

Chris offer 400.00! But do it in person......Thats where the 28 inch bar needs to be.

smokinjay said:
Chris offer 400.00! But do it in person

How much of a difference do you think that makes with people versus trying to do it over the phone or by email? Cash in hand always plays but gas and time isn't cheap when it doesn't.

smokinjay said:
Chris offer 400.00! But do it in person......Thats where the 28 inch bar needs to be.

thats where I was gonna start but Ill pay list.....seems to be the concensus

SolarAndWood said:
smokinjay said:
Chris offer 400.00! But do it in person

How much of a difference do you think that makes with people versus trying to do it over the phone or by email? Cash in hand always plays but gas and time isn't cheap when it doesn't.

The ones who get the great deals are the ones there first with cash thats the bottom line!

Just texted him to go see it.....hope its not sold yet! Cash in hand!

Not sold.....leaving now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!woot woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What should compression be at??? pics:

Attachments

• 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 497
  • 0662.jpg
    0662.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 492
  • 0663.jpg
    0663.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 505
Bocefus78 said:
Not sold.....leaving now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!woot woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What should compression be at??? pics:

North of 160psi Oh and it looks pretty good!

In the trunk for $400!

Bocefus78 said:
In the trunk for $400!

That's a steal. Nice job.

Time to update the signature.

Good deal yes, screamer I dunno. I have a Husky 395 that could pass for new and I doubt it would bring any more and I paid a grand for it 4yrs ago mail order.

good deal
that guy sales a lot of saws on CL..

there is another guy out of Westfield that seems to have a different saw for sale everyday.

he has a 660.. its more the 800 bucks.

mecreature said:
good deal

there is another guy out of Westfield that seems to have a different saw for sale everyday.

Yep, he does...
He had scads of big huskys sitting there, a 4 x 4 x 4 crate full of parts, and a 660. That's just what I saw without being nosey. That westfield saw has been on there for a while....at that price, it will be.

Bocefus78 said:
mecreature said:
good deal

Yep, he does...
He had scads of big huskys sitting there, a 4 x 4 x 4 crate full of parts, and a 660. That's just what I saw without being nosey. That westfield saw has been on there for a while....at that price, it will be.

He usually moves his saws pretty quick. His stuff us usually in very good shape. I have called on his saws several times.
He always wants to meet you somewhere. maybe he is just being nice saving you some gas but I have reservation.
Its probably just me.

good luck with the saw. Might get a chance to see it in action sometime soon.

I went to his place of employment. No offer for a meeting place. I just asked for an address to mapquest. He's a very stand up guy from what I gathered. If not, I know where he works lol! In all reality, he can sell em cheap because he buys em broke and fixes them. Usually buys em in lots very cheaply. He told me some prices. I was floored. So far, only thing I can find wrong is that the gas cap is leaking from where the scrench goes in. Possibly cracked cap, possibly tank vent. Havent messed with it yet.

Hope you can see it throw chips too!

Go look next time.

Bocefus78 said:
I went to his place of employment. No offer for a meeting place. I just asked for an address to mapquest. He's a very stand up guy from what I gathered. If not, I know where he works lol! In all reality, he can sell em cheap because he buys em broke and fixes them. Usually buys em in lots very cheaply. He told me some prices. I was floored. So far, only thing I can find wrong is that the gas cap is leaking from where the scrench goes in. Possibly cracked cap, possibly tank vent. Havent messed with it yet.

Go look next time.

I was referring to the Westfield guy. I know the guy you bought from goes through them. He seems to have a few new ones a week.

wkpoor said:
Good deal yes, screamer I dunno. I have a Husky 395 that could pass for new and I doubt it would bring any more and I paid a grand for it 4yrs ago mail order.

SOLD!!!! When can I come get it? :cheese: A C

amateur cutter said:
wkpoor said:

I said doubt and its actually not for sale at this moment. However last yr I was in mood to move it. Then I got a couple big tree jobs and decided to hold onto it. I have a new in the box 100cc top end kit also.

Bocefus78 said:

Go look next time.

They leak cause thats where they bust. The old style caps before the quick caps everyone used the scrench and they but all the time, they say to only use the scrench if you cant get off by hand, my cousin would tighten with scrench and has busted 2 in a few years

clemsonfor said:
Bocefus78 said:

Go look next time.

They leak cause thats where they bust. The old style caps before the quick caps everyone used the scrench and they but all the time, they say to only use the scrench if you cant get off by hand, my cousin would tighten with scrench and has busted 2 in a few years

I kinda figured that what it was....u can see a seam there....it was pressed together. Even on its side, it puts out enough through that seam that you can see it if you wipe it clean and walk away for a couple hours. 2 new capsw. o rings is on the parts list. thanks for confirming my suspicions.

wkpoor said:
amateur cutter said:
wkpoor said:

I said doubt and its actually not for sale at this moment. However last yr I was in mood to move it. Then I got a couple big tree jobs and decided to hold onto it. I have a new in the box 100cc top end kit also.

Ha, I was just kidding, well ok kinda kidding, but I do wanna find a nice 395xp or similar @ some point.

BTW keep forgetting to mention the grin I still get from your sig line. Still makes me laugh every time I see it. A C

amateur cutter said:
wkpoor said:
amateur cutter said:
wkpoor said:

Ha, I was just kidding, well ok kinda kidding, but I do wanna find a nice 395xp or similar @ some point.

BTW keep forgetting to mention the grin I still get from your sig line. Still makes me laugh every time I see it. A C

Here's 1 of at least 2 on ebay right now - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-3...651907466?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item460040098a

Status
Not open for further replies.