08 Lennox Winslow PS40 or 00 Harman Advance 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pi1220

Oct 9, 2016
Connecticut
I have been using an 08 Lennox Winslow PS40 for the past 5 years. I just acquired a Harman Advance 2 manufactured in 2000. I can only use 1 which one, which should I choose? Also does anyone know what the tiles are for on top of the Advance 2?

Thanks for the opinions and info,
Phil

Tiles are just decorative. I have the advance in my basement and love it. Solid stove,burns anything you throw in it. The advance is a 48k btu stove so you'll be gaining there if that's why you thinking of changing as opposed to the 40k btu Winslow. My vote would be for the harman but only because I have 2 of them

If the Winslow has treated you well for 5 years why change anything.

Reactions: pi1220 and pete7713
Thanks CorkMan.. I only paid $150 for it, I wasn't sure if it would even run, but I gave it a quick cleaning, and I was able to run it in my driveway for about 15-20 minutes. The room sensor is missing and there is a crack in the front glass but I figured I'd roll the dice for $150. I didn't know it is 8,000 btu more so that may be a deciding factor. I just want to get a little deeper inspection to make sure everything is solid. Would you happen to know if there are any major differences between todays stove and my 15yr old one?

Thanks again
Phil

Thanks CorkMan.. I only paid $150 for it, I wasn't sure if it would even run, but I gave it a quick cleaning, and I was able to run it in my driveway for about 15-20 minutes. The room sensor is missing and there is a crack in the front glass but I figured I'd roll the dice for $150. I didn't know it is 8,000 btu more so that may be a deciding factor. I just want to get a little deeper inspection to make sure everything is solid. Would you happen to know if there are any major differences between todays stove and my 15yr old one?

Thanks again
Phil
Mine is a 2004 and runs like a champ.no differences that I know of but more qualified people on here that may be able to answer that.does it have. Igniter? You should give it a good cleaning before you install. There are a lot of parts in the burn chamber that need to be removed to expose the heat exchanger and exhaust path.be careful when cleaning the exhaust path because that's where the ESP is. Since its disconnected now take a look at the exhaust from the back of the stove. You will see what looks like s needle in the exhaust. Remove it and clean it good. That probe controls the stove. Do a search on here for leaf blower trick and do it after you've completely cleaned the stove

Thank for the info CorkMan.. I do see the needle, and it looks good, hopefully next weekend I can get the back off and do a good solid inspection. I will definitely look up the leaf blower trick because if anything else sounds fun...

Thank you, you've been very helpful.
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.