1 1/4" pex fittings supplier?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

colson04

Sep 30, 2016
Delton, Michigan
)From the recommendations of the forum, I decided to upsize my supply line to the house from 1 inch to 1.25" pex. I ordered the tubing from Menards, only to find they have limited selection of 1.25" pex fittings. So, where do you guys get fittings from for 1.25" pex?

I found outdoor furnace supply, are there any others?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Looking through supply house, I see they don't have 1.25" pex crimp connectors (what I am familiar with), but they do have 1.25" tectite /sharkbite fittings.

Anyone use these in their hydronic system? I see they are rated at 200 deg F, I plan on running my OWB at 180 deg F like I had previously.

I used barbed fittings like this. be31d1170cf9238e0b4b3ce227583438.png

Looking through supply house, I see they don't have 1.25" pex crimp connectors (what I am familiar with), but they do have 1.25" tectite /sharkbite fittings.

Anyone use these in their hydronic system? I see they are rated at 200 deg F, I plan on running my OWB at 180 deg F like I had previously.

I used shark bites on my OPB (pellet boiler by CB) They did just fine for 4 years, and the guy I sold it to is still using some of the same fittings. I had them out on the inlet and supply on the boiler, as well as inside on the HX.
I ran 180* water.

Last edited:
I used the badger fittings. Or ones found on ebay. Then put two hose clamps on each one ( bulk on ebay), they have held for 10 years no problem. Then you don't have to buy crimp tool.

I used the badger fittings. Or ones found on ebay. Then put two hose clamps on each one ( bulk on ebay), they have held for 10 years no problem. Then you don't have to buy crimp tool.
I need to check ebay more often, I've gotten away from using them much anymore

I ended up getting my fittings and crimp tool off ebay. Crimp tool is made by a guy here in Michigan, fittings and rings ce from Badger supply out of Wisconsin. Prices reasonable, tool is excellent quality and fittings fit nice and snug with the pipe. Easy to use and no leaks o the pex fittings . I did have a leak on a threaded adapter, but I took it apart, reapplied tpfe paste and reassembled and that fixed the leak.

Reactions: Buzz Saw
Status
Not open for further replies.