1/2 an inch???????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnywarm

Minister of Fire
Sep 12, 2007
Connecticut
Can you install a jotul f400 in front of your fireplace when your fireplace is 30"s tall and the stove is 29.5"s tall????? this would be at the top of the pipe going strait back then up.

Thank you john

From the manual: The Jøtul F 400 may be installed into a masonry fireplace
provided the height of the opening is a minimum of 29 1/2”. Use
of the Short Leg Package will reduce the stove height by 2 1/4”

I just measured our F400 to the top of the rear-exit flue collar and got 28 3/4". If you have 30" clear all the way back to the chimney throat I'd say you are golden.

BeGreen said:
From the manual: The Jøtul F 400 may be installed into a masonry fireplace
provided the height of the opening is a minimum of 29 1/2”. Use
of the Short Leg Package will reduce the stove height by 2 1/4”

I was just reading about the short leg option.Do you have a ballpark dollar amount on the legs??

stovepartsplus.com shows them as $55.00 plus shipping.

Wierd since most of them I have seen were $125 a set.

BrotherBart said:
stovepartsplus.com shows them as $55.00 plus shipping.

Wierd since most of them I have seen were $125 a set.

Thanks BB :)

Be sure you need them. I'd wait until you get the stove.

Im going to look at the stove thursday night.does anybody know if you can use the shortleg option with the ash pan???

John

johnnywarm said:
Im going to look at the stove thursday night.does anybody know if you can use the shortleg option with the ash pan???

John

Not a problem. Take your tape measure with you and measure the 2 1/4 inches to be sure. If you can't fine a short leg kit I have one in stock. It is blue black enamel.

BrotherBart said:
johnnywarm said:

John

Not a problem. Take your tape measure with you and measure the 2 1/4 inches to be sure. If you can't fine a short leg kit I have one in stock. It is blue black enamel.

Thanks BB :) i do believe the stove is black.

John

I need the short leg kit.I'm going to try the site BB gave me.Wish me luck.

The site i went on to get my short leg kit was going to be a Spacial order.they told me this when i called in the morning to see why we have not got them after 10 days.

Called this great dealer in So Hadley Mass. they not only had them,they had three sets.they where great to do business with and they will see us again for sure.they not only had every Jotul stove :)

They had alot of other stoves to boot.

Let the install begin :coolsmile:

johnnywarm said:
The site i went on to get my short leg kit was going to be a Spacial order.they told me this when i called in the morning to see why we have not got them after 10 days.

Called this great dealer in So Hadley Mass. they not only had them,they had three sets.they where great to do business with and they will see us again for sure.they not only had every Jotul stove :)

How much is the leg kit at the dealer?

BrotherBart said:
johnnywarm said:

Welcome Back BB :) I hope your sitting down-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------including tax-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------63 buck's. I also picked up a Jotul temp gage.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Fantastic.

Now, put that thing together and show a picture of FIRE

BrotherBart said:
Fantastic.

Now, put that thing together and show a picture of FIRE

I will ;-) next door is helping me,its when he has time. I like the looks of the F500 for the cellar.

johnnywarm said:
BrotherBart said:
johnnywarm said:

Welcome Back BB :) I hope your sitting down-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------including tax-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------63 buck's. I also picked up a Jotul temp gage.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Bought my stove from them. Nice people to deal with and knowledgeable employees. Not like some ( not all) of the big box store people.
Ed

Bought my stove from them. Nice people to deal with and knowledgeable employees. Not like some ( not all) of the big box store people.
Ed[/quote]

Ed When we where there last evening you can smell the Oak seasoning :) it was like we where in vermont.

I think i might just vacation there next year.now i know the deference between the 20 buck cast-iron steamer and the 80 buck kind ;-)

John

Status
Not open for further replies.