1/2 dead oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc_Dad

May 10, 2009
Maine
Last night my father in-law and I took down a half-dead Oak that was hanging over my driveway. It was leaning towards my house and we got it down, right where we wanted to land it! Another cup of coffee and I'm headed out to process it. He also left his MS290 behind, so I get a chance with a big boy saw. Hee-Haw

Have fun cutting that up. Half dead means it still needs seasoning time so get it split right away too.

Already started splitting it. Lunch and then my 3 yr old son and I are heading out to do some more. Not used to working on wood that early in the morning. Thought; it's too early for a malted beverage at about 9:30. Oak is awesome, it split great.

Status
Not open for further replies.