1/2 the heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erniej9

Feb 7, 2014
Marlborough Massachusetts
Hello,

I have a PelPro 120 Home Heater. All of a sudden it started to have a lower heat output. I replaced the combustion fan, the control board, the vacuum switch, and the upper limit switch. It didn't solve the problem. I am running it on the next higher heat setting which uses more pellets and that even does not give me the heat output as the lower setting was before the problem started.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

regards

erniej.

any chance you just have something blocking the pellets from entering the auger correctly? ...sawdust accumulation, piece of pellet bag, action figure, tv remote, ect?

Hello,

I have a PelPro 120 Home Heater. All of a sudden it started to have a lower heat output. I replaced the combustion fan, the control board, the vacuum switch, and the upper limit switch. It didn't solve the problem. I am running it on the next higher heat setting which uses more pellets and that even does not give me the heat output as the lower setting was before the problem started.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

regards
erniej.
So, is it actually burning more pellets? How's the burn? Complete? If incomplete burn, perhaps it needs a thorough clean, including vent cleaning.

You replaced the comb fan, how's the room blower? Is the temp lower, or is the fan blowing weaker?

Did you change pellet brand? Stop throwing parts at it, it probably needs a deep cleaning. Time to get dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.