1.25" pex

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2diamond

Sep 24, 2013
Hi This is my first post here
I have a Central Boiler owb that I have had for 8 years and love it but we are building a new house and I am taking the owb with me and thinking of using 1.25" pex for the supply and returns to the house apx 120 feet away and using closed cell foam sprayed in the trench.
But i am having a hard time finding 1.25" pex other than pex supply .com
Any other sources out there?

Your Central Boiler Dealer can get it for you. I have done many runs this way. Dig trench ( i like 1 foot wide), line trench with six mill plastic, spray 3 to 5 inches on bottom of trench over plastic, put pipe in on top of foam ( i tape my pipe every two feet with a two inch foam space between pipes), Have someone hold it down and spray over the top of pipe enough to hold it, Then hold plastic up to form a uniform width and let them spray 3-5 inches over pipe, fold plastic over, backfill with a marking tape installed. I also like to run an electric conduit in trench for owners future use.

Status
Not open for further replies.