shtrdave Posted By shtrdave, Jan 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM

1. shtrdave

shtrdave
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 13, 2012
    Loc:
    SW PA
    I came home and it was nice today so I decided to clean the stove it has been a month, and 25 bags, the ash pan was full.

I know different pellets make different amounts of ash, the dealer told me the pan would hold a ton of pellet ash, but I don't see that happening.

Does this sound reasonable to get that much from 25 bags. I and using the pellets made by the lumber company close to the stove dealer.

I am glad I made this investment, it is a great addition to my little cave.

2. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 10, 2008
    Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Premium pellet ash content has a 5 to 1 range and each brands ash may windup in a different part of the stove.

3. subsailor

subsailor
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 8, 2011
    Loc:
    Winthrop, Maine
    I get 3 weeks before my ash pan is full. I don't worry too much about ash unless it's really excessive. So I'm guessing normal operation I can get around 35 bags though the stove before I need to empty the pan.

4. mepellet

mepellet
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 10, 2011
    Loc:
    Central ME
    I can get about 40 bags worth of ash in my ash pan. And that's not with the super premium pellets.

5. fmsm

fmsm
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2011
    Loc:
    South of Boston MA
    I suffer from Ash Pan Envy, my little old P35i only holds about 12 days (between 20 and 30 bags) of ash. Good news is that it is light and fluffy and easily handled by my Cheatah

6. humphreydog

humphreydog
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 15, 2011
    Loc:
    Longisland, NY
    WTF? Someone please remind me next season not to buy big box crappy pellets! 4 day maximum for me before ash pan fills up and burn pot is filled with coal.

70 more bags of "North American Pellets" torture.

7. Bioburner

Bioburner
    Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Loc:
    West central Mn
    For fifty bucks a ton I can empty the ash pan twice!

Bigjim13 likes this.
  8. Hoot23

Hoot23
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 28, 2012
    Loc:
    Alfred, Me
    Cleaned mine after work since it was warm. It's been about 25 days since my last cleaning. Ash pan was an inch from the top full.

9. 3500P

3500P
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 30, 2013
    Last year I burned only Country Boy White Lightning and barely ever had to empty pan, maybe once every couple months and I burn over a ton a month. This years batch of the same is a lot of ash. Seems every few weeks or sonner I gotta empty it.

10. Bigjim13

Bigjim13
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 5, 2009
    Loc:
    Central Vermont
    I can go awhile, never counted how many bags I can go through before needing to empty the ash pan. I was also told I could burn a ton before emptying and so far that seems about right, + or - 5 bags or so. My P61 is a beast.