#1 Setting runs hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cards385

Nov 24, 2008
Pa.
I own a Englander PDVC/55 and I find that on the #1 heat setting the flame is huge and I go thru alot of pellets. I burn about a 1 1/2 a day, some days amost 2 bags. Are my settings off or is that noirmal for this stove? Can I adjust the settings at all? I am a newbee this year and have questions. Thanks for the help.

Adjust the Low Fuel Feed setting down so the flame just keeps burning at level one. This should help.

cards385 said:
I don't mean to sound dumb but how do I do that?

LOL, there are three buttons on the bottom of your control panel, from left to right they read Low Fuel Feed, Low Burn Air and Air On Temp. Just press the LFF button and you'll see a number show up where you increase the pellet feed, use that same pad for increasing or decreasing the LFF.

Low Fuel Feed - controls the amount of pellets fed into the burn pot when the unit is on settings 1 or 2.

Low Burn Air - controls the amount of air fed into the burn pot when the unit is on settings 1 or 2.

Air On Temp - never touch.

I keep my stove on 1-1 or 1-2 and bottom 3 buttons on 5-5-1 or 4-5-1, factory default settings are 6-4-1. Never touch the last button leave on 1. These settings work quite well with my stove and pellets but you have to experiment a bit. My stove still runs hot even with this. Had my house 80* at one point today.

I just checked my settings and The Low Fuel Feed was set at 6, I readjusted it to 2. Is that correct? If I usually burn at 1 and 6 should I also set the bottom buttons on 1 and 6.

You'll need to play with the LFF setting to find what works best for your stove and brand of pellets. My settings for LFF were 3 and the LBA was 8.

I'm not sure what you mean by bottom buttons. The bottom buttons are LFF, LBA and AOT correct?

That is what I mean by the bottom buttons, I am a newbee and not used to the lingo yet. I think I will go with 4-4-1 and see how that works.

Go for it. You may need to adjust it again, but you'll find the sweet spot sooner or later. Good luck

That's what we're all here for. Enjoy the heat.

I have adjusted to bottom three @ 4-4-1 and running @2-6. WOW what a difference between 6-4-1 and 4-4-1. Was really running hot before now it is nice and I am using alot less pellets. Still experimenting.

cards385 said:
I have adjusted to bottom three @ 4-4-1 and running @2-6. WOW what a difference between 6-4-1 and 4-4-1. Was really running hot before now it is nice and I am using alot less pellets. Still experimenting.

Glad to hear it's working better. Enjoy the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.