1 week and P35 thoughts.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Fortier

Feeling the Heat
Sep 29, 2013
First off thank you to all the great people here that have pushed me along. My P35i:mad: The best way to start this is we wish this is where we started. Heat output is what works great for us. I added length to the probe and the difference is night and day. Still need to dial it in a bit more ,yet, that will wait until spring when I will drill and move to where I would like it. Cleaning..I love that I just turn down the fan setting and scrape away. Twice a day at this point. Simple clean..More ash than the Thelin, yet, not a killer ,wide open area to clean and very easy to get to .Overall we love the look as it fits our home better ( will be getting a trim kit when money is there).
Cons..install issue..the door that covers the control panel does not shut all the way..resistance and not sure if hinge was installed right. The hopper lid is scratching up the face plate on the left side, I can see the space difference at about a playing card on right and no air on left. Is there a way to pull hopper lid back by only a hair? Otherwise we are very happy with our Harman over the Thelin.o_O

First off thank you to all the great people here that have pushed me along. My P35i:mad: The best way to start this is we wish this is where we started. Heat output is what works great for us. I added length to the probe and the difference is night and day. Still need to dial it in a bit more ,yet, that will wait until spring when I will drill and move to where I would like it. Cleaning..I love that I just turn down the fan setting and scrape away. Twice a day at this point. Simple clean..More ash than the Thelin, yet, not a killer ,wide open area to clean and very easy to get to .Overall we love the look as it fits our home better ( will be getting a trim kit when money is there).
Cons..install issue..the door that covers the control panel does not shut all the way..resistance and not sure if hinge was installed right. The hopper lid is scratching up the face plate on the left side, I can see the space difference at about a playing card on right and no air on left. Is there a way to pull hopper lid back by only a hair? Otherwise we are very happy with our Harman over the Thelin.o_O
Mine has room and it does not scrape. When I was getting mine instakked, the tech mentioned that everything is in as far as frame and that he just had to square and level the stove so that sounds like there's a way to fine tune the stove to the face

Reactions: John Fortier
Thanks Mucho, Will see if I can fine tune it, until then I wont paint it.

Status
Not open for further replies.