10 CPM black glass and clinkers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try in the same day.

Kind of comical when there is a sticky up top on this forum about lazy fires, dirty glass etc .. , hell it even shows pictures of acorns in the works. Then we get videos and stories about bees, bats, birds and squirrels all expiring in the exhaust system. We even had a recent case of where mice had added caramels to the works.

Well we had company here yesterday so the stove didn't get cleaned, the boss is heading to the next state over shortly so I just turned the stove off for its weekly cleaning. I gave it its first deep cleaning last week so this will be to sweep the ash into the pan and other light work cleaning..

We had a bat in a Castile Insert a short time ago. Berry at Harman's plant said his XXV was taken out by suicide bomber stink bugs building up on the combustion blower.

Eric

Whoa big fella. Do I sense a NY Jets fan? In all seriousness, my better half has taken exception to the comment about sitting and watching football on TV. First she's a bit peeved that I was making statements that some might think that it is was actually me that was cleaning the stove. She wants you to know that while holding down two jobs, going to college full time, taking care of the 5 kids, cleaning the 5000 sq. ft house and cooking the meals she sometimes runs out of time to properly attend to the stove. I have tried explaining to her that that is really an excuse not a reason and we all know about that. So I asked her, "does your oven clean itself?" - well she said yes. That kinda took me aback. So I asked "Ha, does my laundry clean itself?" I really didn't expect the result. After stating that no it didn't, I felt I had her but then she stated that she cleans my dam laundry. So I said, "there you have it, not everything cleans itself and she'd just have to make time". Well, she started to turn a shade of red I hadn't seen since I told her that I needed to take a cross country bike trip with my buddies and would be gone for a week or 5. Well the next thing I knew something went whizzing by my head - looked sorta like a dog dish. I mentioned that the dogs were probably hungry and she should feed them. JC, the next one hit me right off the shoulder. I mentioned I'd bring to her at half time and she could finish feeding the dogs. Women, can't live with'm and can't shoot em. Well half time arrived and she wanted some help with the stove, men need to do everything. I told her I'd be right with her if I had time after I finished polishing the bike. I didn't know we had three dog dishes. Ouch. Well, by the time I had finished with the bike, need to get it ready for winter, the little woman had finished with all the details I had shouted to her in between plays as I was reading these here instructions.
Stove is working like a top and little woman thanks you all for your assistance. Little woman's at work now, just placing a bet on ND.

LOL,

I don't watch football nor do I follow any football team.

I do however poke a lot of fun at sports teams associated with your state.

They all seem to puff themselves up only to be deflated by their opponents.

I see your better half knows exactly what to do to keep you in line, I'll have my wife send her a supply of cast iron skillets and full instruction in the proper usage of same, just ask jtakeman how those things work.

Now go clean your stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.