10-CPM Cleaning Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrsdws

Feeling the Heat
Feb 9, 2011
Central Illinois
Right in front of the burn pot is a slot for the airwash. This little formed deflector drops in the holes near here to direct that air flow up the door glass.

Through that slot I see ash gathering in the cradle the burn pot sits in. I don't see how to get it out.

How do you get in there?

Besides behind the little trap doors and up in the heat exchange box, what are some other ash hiding places you clean regularly?

Point a leaf blower into the stove. There. Now you just have to get the ash out of the rest of your house...

Seriously, if you're referring to the area I'm thinking of, you'll need to do the following:

1. Remove the deflector, stirrer and burn pot.
2. Remove the fire brick
3. Take off the L side panel and back the igniter out an inch or so.
4. There will be a pair of bolts that hold the cradle. Remove those bolts and you should be able to get the cradle out and cleaned up. Make sure it fits securely in the slots when you put it back in. Mine needed some kind words to make it go back in right the last time I had it apart.

Hope that helps, that's off the top of my head so I apologize if I forgot something. Englander's DVD is really helpful for stuff like this.

Thanks! That was it. I had those bolts out earlier and saw the tabs located in those slots but I just didn't put it together. It's a pretty simple remove, clean, and re-install. There wasn't as much in there as I thought, but worth adding to the cleaning checklist.

Status
Not open for further replies.