10-cpm install.stuff

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elkon

Aug 30, 2011
United States
central pa
Well I got my 10-cpm (actually a 49-TRCPM) from AMFM tonight. I ordered Thursday night...great turn around time. The thing looks awesome. I am planning to install this weekend. I did have a question in regards to building a hearth pad. My semi official plan of action is to take a 3x5 sheet of OSB and screw a 3x5 sheet of hardibacker on it. Then put thin set on and tiles. I have never done tile work before but I tend to learn fairly fast. I am looking at 12"x12" tiles to put in place. It seems to me that I will have to cut all the tiles on 2 of the sides to make it fit due to needing to add spacers and grout. Am I over thinking this / does anyone have thoughts on the matter?

And yes, there will be pics once things get rolling:)

Elk.

Im jealous. This is the 3rd or 4th CPM to get installed this year. Ive got a feeling that the 10-CPM is gonna be to pellet stoves, what the Englander 30-NC is to woodstoves.

Sounds like your on the right path. You have one heck of a unit.

Your hearth pad sounds fine. That's pretty much what I did. 1/2" of hardi board with 12" slate title on top.

I'm not sure about the cutting title part, I got a title guy to do mine.

7b2fc616.jpg

GrahamInVa said:
Your hearth pad sounds fine. That's pretty much what I did. 1/2" of hardi board with 12" slate title on top.

That looks great. I bet you get alot of compliments on it. I like it ALOT.

Graham. I love the Mantel you put up. I dont believe that was up when u posted the install Thread. Looks great. Also the Coal Hod bucket. I am a big fan of them also. I use mine simply for the "look".

Lots of good looking Englanders going in this season. And majority being the 2 new generation models.

jdempsey said:
GrahamInVa said:

That looks great. I bet you get alot of compliments on it. I like it ALOT.

Yep, looks great!

DexterDay said:
Im jealous. This is the 3rd or 4th CPM to get installed this year. Ive got a feeling that the 10-CPM is gonna be to pellet stoves, what the Englander 30-NC is to woodstoves.

Sounds like your on the right path. You have one heck of a unit.

After Looking around I have decided on one of these too. ( 10CPM) I have a Harman PELLET PRO 38 PLUS in the basement. I love the pellet stoves so much I am putting one in upstairs. Seems like If I have any problems there is plenty of help in this forum. I assume this is a great buy... Thanx

Elkon said:
Hearth pad done (no trim as of yet). Install tomorrow but most likely not burning until Sunday. Pics will of course be forthcoming.

Don't forget to do your 2 hour pre-burn outside before installers get there with enough time for the stove to cool....use setting 5-5 on the control panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.