10-CPM Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveB

Feb 9, 2012
South Central PA.
Hi all. I've been lurking on this forum since about mid-January and find it a great source of information! I'm considering buying a 10-CPM very soon and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the fuel feed rate is, and how long could a full hopper last running on low. I'm selling my 25-PVDC to my BIL to get a stove that can go On-Off in addition to Hi-Lo. I've never had a single problem with the Englander in five burning seasons so I have no qualms at all about buying another stove from ESW. I also have a USSC King 5510 that I've been burning for four seasons. Thanks!

Steve

on lowest setting and packing the hopper, a little over 60 lbs., i go close to 30 hrs. but for the real testof winter, i use 2 bags a day during the 30 degree days.

the CPM does have on/off and high/low selection in the board. the unit should consume approximately 1.8 to 2.2 lbs/hour on low up to roughly 4-4.5 on high,(depending on average size of the pellets, smaller ones feed faster and larger, slower due to density in the auger)
of course with the stat running in on/off this will vary considerably due to the potential length of time the stove is "off" so figure my estimates as what you would likely see if running without a stat. hope this helps ya.

I too am looking to get rid of my Quad and getting a CPM. I would like to see videos on YouTube of the stove burning on level 9 and also on level 1 and somewhere in between. Just to get an idea on visual flame height.

Last year it was imacman and maybe 2 others with the CPM. Now there are dozens that added this stove to there arsenal. Been hoping for YouTube videos all season...

Its between the CPM, Enviro M-55 steel, Enerzone Euromax (Drolet Eco-65), and maybe a used Harman PC-45. Having a couple.Englanders already, I keep thinking CPM....

the CPM does have on/off and high/low selection in the board. the unit should consume approximately 1.8 to 2.2 lbs/hour on low up to roughly 4-4.5 on high,(depending on average size of the pellets, smaller ones feed faster and larger, slower due to density in the auger)
of course with the stat running in on/off this will vary considerably due to the potential length of time the stove is "off" so figure my estimates as what you would likely see if running without a stat. hope this helps ya.

Thanks Indiana and Mike! I knew I could count on you guys for help but wasn't sure I'd get a response this quick! The wife and I love our pellet stoves and this forum is awesome! I'm sure the CPM will work great for us, but Mike it would be nice to see pics and hear more about the "Beer Can" stove <hint,hint> ;)

Edit: Mike, could I turn the LFF down a little if we went away for a couple days to keep a maintenance burn going? Thanks!

Thanks Indiana and Mike! I knew I could count on you guys for help but wasn't sure I'd get a response this quick! The wife and I love our pellet stoves and this forum is awesome! I'm sure the CPM will work great for us, but Mike it would be nice to see pics and hear more about the "Beer Can" stove <hint,hint> ;)

Edit: Mike, could I turn the LFF down a little if we went away for a couple days to keep a maintenance burn going? Thanks!

LFF on this unit is already at 1 from factory. its a rather large burn pot so it does need a certain amount of fuel burning to maintain a fire, but you could set a stat back quite a bit and if the house holds heat well run at HR 1 in on/off and you could easily make a few days without the stove running out.

as for the beer can, its still being held 'close to the vest' as its being shopped around to our vendors. the grill is as well, im hoping taht the boss will "lift the blinds on the "imperial" AKA "beer can" soon, and i can pretty much guarentee there will be shots of it on the hearth before anywhere else. heck, i havent even shot the video for it yet( gee another thing i need to do yesterday lol)

LFF on this unit is already at 1 from factory. its a rather large burn pot so it does need a certain amount of fuel burning to maintain a fire, but you could set a stat back quite a bit and if the house holds heat well run at HR 1 in on/off and you could easily make a few days without the stove running out.

as for the beer can, its still being held 'close to the vest' as its being shopped around to our vendors. the grill is as well, im hoping taht the boss will "lift the blinds on the "imperial" AKA "beer can" soon, and i can pretty much guarentee there will be shots of it on the hearth before anywhere else. heck, i havent even shot the video for it yet( gee another thing i need to do yesterday lol)

Hoping its released soon (both of them). I dont know how long I can hold out on buying a new stove. !!

Reactions: SteveB
Status
Not open for further replies.