-10 degrees...is this normal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was so cold . . .
we had to chop up the piano for firewood - but we only got two chords.

-12 here this morning, Same thing no school for the kids. Busses would not start.

Supposed to be as coolldd tonight too!

BRRR!

BigE is still on #4 just about 70.

jay

minus 19 here and Pellet stove was a workin but hey that's what they do, Just replaced a exaust motor now the room motor is whining, Fasco stinks.

hate to bring it up , got up to a BALMY 17 F here in the vacation hotspot of southwest virginia. but its supposed to tickle the minus sign some tonight, already 8 degrees according to my outdoor thermometer. house is 69 degrees , stove went out about an hour after i got home with more pellets. up and running with "Rocky Mountain quote "super premium" wood pellets", first time burning them.(pine pellet) this ups my total brands burned this year to 15, im really going to have to build a spreadsheet on them all some time. anyone ran these yet? btu listing was only 8200, which suprised me , usually softwood has a higher rated than that. we'll see. if they perform well in this cold snap i'll brag em up for sure.

-22 here this morning and got up to a balmy 10 today. Dipping back down tonight and currently it is 0.9 outside and 69.4 inside and holding steady. Had to crank the stove up a few notches.

Funny the differences in different areas of the country -- it was -27 when I got up this morning (not as cold as Northern Maine but still). The bus picked up my 6 year old on time for school. The wife said he was out playing in a big snowdrift in front of the house when waiting for the bus -- in 20+ below weather -- crazy freaking kids. I don't think we had any school closings here.

I wore a Hawaiian shirt today to work but had to wear a tee shirt underneath it because it was still chilly when I left (about 33 degrees). Too bad I was busy all day in meetings because I could have enjoyed the warm weather outside (69 degree high today).

Brrrr..... cold mornings......... Can't wait until summer.

Don't even think I'm trying to make you jealous. It might be warmer than where you live but I live right on the fringe of Bizarro World.

stoveguy2esw said:
after i got home with more pellets. up and running with "Rocky Mountain quote "super premium" wood pellets", first time burning them.(pine pellet) this ups my total brands burned this year to 15, going to.

Mike how do you find so many brands to try? I am lucky to have seen and try only 3 different brands.

So far my favorite is Forest Pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.