10 inches is fine.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROYJ24

Oct 3, 2007
S. JERSEY
I have a double-wall stovepipe with a 10" clearance to rear unprotected wall & plenty room on the sides.
Are there any stoves with a 2.0 cft firebox with or without rear heat shield which can meet this clearance?

Lopi Endeavor needs 4 1/4" with double wall, the firebox is 2.2 cubic ft. It has a square firebox so it takes an 18" log n/s or e/w, has a brick baffle and bypass to prevent smoke spilling into the room on start up/reloads. It's a real nice heater!

http://www.lopistoves.com/TravisDocs/98800200.PDF

Good suggestion for the Lopi Endeavor. It's an easy fit. Also, with double-wall pipe it looks like 10" would just fit the minimum for a Quadrafire 3100 step top. The Napoleon 1400 should also fit in there comfortably.

Hearthstone Homestead shows 7" rear with heat shield and double wall pipe, page 24 of owners manual. Of course, you have to want to come to the dark side...

Am I the only one immature enough to chuckle..anyway if you walk into 4 local heartshops and ask some questions you'll walk out with brochures on 5-10 models which all fit within those clearances with the size firebox your looking for. You'll also (most likely) get to talk face to face with 4 different proffesionals and get a feel for which local retailer will give you the best after the sale service.

SlyFerret said:
Franks said:
Am I the only one immature enough to chuckle

Not by a long shot!

-SF

Wasn't chuckling, but was in a trance by the OP's avatar ;-)

Thta's that alba gal right? The one from the bar code series that was the highlight of her career?

Lots and lots of stoves will fit your requirements. My Heritage is 2.3 CF and will fit easily.

These are many good choices, but the Mrs. is partial to iron enamel stove & I'm partial to her or pleasing her at least thru V-Day.
Any other choices will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.