10 Year old CB 1200-I

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canastotaheat

Oct 27, 2010
Canastota, NY
I have a Quad CB 1200-I. Love it. Just redid the wiring harness as I had a short in the system and it was just easier to replace the harness. Everything works beautiful. So here is list of new parts. Wiring harness, themalcouple, ignitor,control box (last year) now have the clear, vacum switch. So i get this all together and she fires right up. Problem now is Auger keeps jamming. Starts up perfect and after a few mins the Auger will stop and stove goes out. Door gasket is fine, vac switch is new and snap disc is good. Help, I know this stove pretty good and I am stumped. In addition, does anyone have a guide for pulling the auger so I can check it out for a jam or something lodged. Again it runs for a good 20 to 30 mins and then stops. And using the same pellets I have used for 10 years. Stumped.

Take a look here. It is not a formal guide but I think it explains how to get at it. https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/61310/

"No caulk, just a couple of screws on the plate that sits on top of the auger cover and you can slide the cover up and off. You will have to disconnect the feed rate lever first. Once the cover is off there are two screws (I think they are torx heads) that will be holding a bracket that once removed, will allow the motor to be pulled out along with the auger. The wires are on a quick disconnect. Once I got the motor out I plugged it back in and turned the stove on with the motor out of the stove and it worked fine. I then reinstalled it and everything has been good since."

Marbleguy

Status
Not open for further replies.