10 year old gum - burns nice.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auzzie Gumtree

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2012
Just got a new neighbour and they couldn't be bothered to move the firewood from under the car port into the house. Admittedly it was up 3 very steep flights of stairs. So they asked if i wanted it they said it had probably been there 10 years. I backed up the ute and got 4 loads like this.

They also mentioned there was another few loads (~ 15 ute-fulls) at the end of the car port. I got a few of them but unfortunately it was stored under the run off from the car port roofand the tarp had deteriorated so it was covered in 'stuff'. Some had gone punky but 90% was good solid wood, even the ones directly on the floor were OK.

Tried some this week as we are having another cold spell and the wood is unbelievable - even with the air turned down on the big stove it cruised @ 600 all night. I cant wait for my stacks to be this good.

CAM00349.jpg

Reactions: Soundchasm
When it comes to this wood burning thing, dry wood is the only way to go!

Hard to believe but there are people who have burned for decades that never have had the pleasure.

Good find!

Status
Not open for further replies.