100% POSITIVE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That just might be a hearth.com record for shortest time between "ok I bought it" and "how do I light a fire"! You're not messing around.

Did you do the install yourself? How about a few pictures? we love pics.

The key to a good hot fire is good dry wood, period, end of story. Beyond that, there are some tricks to getting one started. Do a search for top down fire and read a few descriptions of how to do that. That seems to be a popular method for many folks here. I just start with a few sheets of newspaper and some dry kindling. I light that with the air wide open and the door cracked. Once it's burning good, I'll add a few more pieces of kindling and a few small splits or small branches (under 1 1/2 to 2"). Leave the air wide open and the door cracked until everything catches good and then close the latch on the door.

Welcome to hearth.com and good luck with that new stove.

Could someone post that video link from Canada for our friend? I don't have it handy..

Status
Not open for further replies.