1000 Threads

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Johnson

Mod Emeritus
Nov 18, 2005
Central NYS
This is the 1000th thread in the Boiler Room since our inception in mid November of 2007. Not bad for 5 months of being in business.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed. It's pretty obvious that the quality of ideas and people on this forum is exemplary.

You can all pat yourselves on the back.

Eric Johnson said:
This is the 1000th thread in the Boiler Room since our inception in mid November of 2007. Not bad for 5 months of being in business.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed. It's pretty obvious that the quality of ideas and people on this forum is exemplary.

You can all pat yourselves on the back.

Were you just sitting there waiting for 999 to come along?

More like I glanced down at the odometer and noticed that we were one thread away from a milestone. I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

I guess this is a good time to thank everyone for the great information sharing. This site is really amazing and is filled with some very intelligent, resourceful, and helpful people. It has made my gasification project MUCH easier so far.

Thanks for all of the help guys. Look forward to the next 1000

My thanks to Eric and all the other experts AND laymen in here that are sharing experience with others. It is a revolution in itself....if we can not only promote renewable energy and self reliance, but also educate the customer about potential problems (the Adobe thread comes to mind....

Thanks!

Congratulations on this particular milestone. This is a special forum for the mostly cold internet (no pun intended). Got my Lopi Liberty off the back of the truck this morning. You guys's may just as well have saved my marriage with the stress you've taken off us.
Sincerely-

Oops. Disregard my last post. I forgot I was in the Boiler Room. I'll save my kind words for the Hearth's next milestone. But the Boiler room did convince me I didn't want to go that route at the moment so - good job!

Great milestone, keep up the good work. Love the site and all the information it provides. ,don't know were I would be without it.
Looking forward to the next 1000 posts.

When I first started reading this site I thought I new wanted in a heating system. Boy was I wrong. After several months of reading every thread I've come to the conclusion that I didn't know much about heating. Now I starting to plan with a plan. First step was getting a heat loss figure. Think I got it right. Now moving on the the next step.

Look forward to reading more and finding answers to my question.

This site is a phenomenal resource. Keep up the good work.

Just today another story of woe and the heating oil blues. I directed him first to the EKO 40 youtube video to help him understand what a gasification boiler was. Then I sent him to the Boiler Room. I saw the glimmer in his eyes. He may already be hooked and lurking about, right Clyde ?

By far the most useful website I have ever visited. Thanks to all.

Kevin

thanks again experts and all who have increased my knowledge of the wood gassification process. From zero to 60 in a short time. I see newbie's jumping aboard left and right all trying to save a buck and burn clean. sweetheat

I have a feeling that with fuel oil headed for the far side of $4.00 and LP not far behind, the next thousand will occur at more rapid pace.

When you start to pay upwards of $3,000 for heat annually, a $12,000 investment in a properly installed gasification system doesn't look so large after all for a single family home. I'm thinking that a home with a good quality central wood heating system will soon be in demand in the real estate market. I pity some of the everyday folks who built 4,000 sq ft "McMansions" in the last few years. My humble opinion is that even today's insulating and envelope sealing standards will prove to be woefully inadequate in the face of future energy costs.

I agree with sweetheat! I have been lurking here for a while and thought I knew a lot. Now I realize how little I really know, and this is stuff you can't get in any textbook. ASHRAE probably still considers this a novelty. I continue to be amazed at the "talent" that keeps showing up! Either that, or you all stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night... :cheese:

Chris

Thanks to all contributers. You all have helped make this a great experience for me as I put the pieces together.
Especially a big thanks to Eric, our moderator, for a job well done!

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.