13 % More

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Looks like it will run more but boy it's good. The Italian stuffing is the kicker.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2062-1.jpg
    100_2062-1.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 100_2063-1.jpg
    100_2063-1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 100_2064.jpg
    100_2064.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 252
  • 100_2066-1.jpg
    100_2066-1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 246
Must find on sale! .57 cents a lb here.

smokinjay said:
Must find on sale! .57 cents a lb here.

Butterball Turkeys running $1.69 per pound here.

zap

13% more... what? I appear to be lost again. :lol:

But according to the Feds, "there was no inflation the past 2 yrs'. Thus my parents & millions of others didnt see a COLA in their SS checks. But SURPRISE!!! People are getting one in the next month or two. They say "Food & fuel are commodities,they arent considered inflationary blah blah"

You ever tried surviving without food and fuel? Let me know how that works out for you.

Couldnt be that its an election year could it?

Store-brand Turkeys 49 cents/pound at a local grocery chain this week,if you spend $50 (basically just walk in the door)

Thistle said:
But according to the Feds, "there was no inflation the past 2 yrs'. Thus my parents & millions of others didnt see a COLA in their SS checks. But SURPRISE!!! People are getting one in the next month or two. They say "Food & fuel are commodities,they arent considered inflationary blah blah"

You ever tried surviving without food and fuel? Let me know how that works out for you.

Store-brand Turkeys 49 cents/pound at a local grocery chain this week,if you spend $50 (basically just walk in the door)

lol your right there....Our min 25.00 but a cases of can god and that shot.

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

lol your right there....Our min 25.00 but a cases of can god and that shot.

Most get re-elected. So they must be doing a good job. WE vote them back in.
They have 'inflation" under control, jut their control, food & energy are not used to calculate the inflation index.
Cost of college has gone up 1,000% since 1980. But inflation is under control :)

We bought our turkey from a local farm last year. It was probably 3xs the price but it was noticeably better tasting and likely less toxic.

The chain of super markets over here called Giant give you free Turkey if you accumulate enough "points". It's right down the street and it's where we would shop with or with out the free turkey offer. We've had really good luck with the store brand turkeys. Tasty and never dry. Could be how we cook them, but neither of us are incredible chefs or anything.

Gary_602z said:
Zap, Love the gravy boat!

Gary

Did some antique collecting and they are part of two sets we collected.

Thanks
Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.