13 nc crack in fiber board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebelduckman

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2013
Pulaski, Mississippi
While cleaning out the stove for the summer, I managed to crack the ceramic fiber board. It's not all the way broken, just a slight crack on one side. Should I replace this now? Is this something that would affect how the stove performs?
Tia

IMO Even though it is cracked still use it. It does help the stoves preformance by keeping more heat in the burn chamber. It will still work fine with the small crack. might want to get one 1st chance you get in case it becomes unusable in the future (if you plan on having that stove for a while).

Last edited:
IMO Even though it is cracked still use it. It does help the stoves preformance by keeping more heat in the burn chamber. It will still work fine with the small crack. might want to get one 1st chance you get in case it becomes unusalbe in the future (if you plan on having that stove for a while).

Thanks a lot, gonna go ahead and order a replacement in case it breaks. Yep, I'm planning to have this stove a long time

Last edited:
a crack isn't going to hurt things much probably wouldn't notice any drop in performance , if you order a new one save it and run with the one in the stove until the crack opens noticeably. you may find it will be ok for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.