1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

13 NC. One of my best investments.

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by chvymn99, Jan 16, 2011.

1. chvymn99

chvymn99 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kansas
    I am finally starting to utilize the NC-13, have been using it for about a week. For the most part the smell has gone away. The heat that thing puts off is phenomonal, for the size. In fact, I might be moving my chair further away from the stove, since its only 10' away. But it sure feels good to be in shorts in the house. Yesterday was the first day of pretty much all day burn, I had the house running about 77-79 degrees. Which normally I set my thermostat on 65 degrees and just bundle up. LOL A little change, but one that Im getting use to.

Yesterday, I finally got to put an additional three foot section on the top section of the chimney, after all the snow came off the roof top. I never really had a issue with draft or the burn, just wasn't in full code. But after the additional height, I can tell the fire and the draft seems to be a lot stronger, now. Kinda of amazing considering only 3 foot of extension made thats kind of change in the burn.

But here are a few more pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Nic36

Nic36 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Decatur, Alabama
    Looking good. It is nice to keep the house at a more comfortable temperature without worrying about that pesky energy bill being sky high.

Every time I put a piece of wood in my stove, I can't help but think it was one of the smartest things I have done, especially with this bitter cold weather we have had lately.
  3. robertmcw

robertmcw Member

Loc:
    Texas
    Yep, I agree too. My wife gripes about the cold and this year she is warm and I like the bill, or should say, not having a bill. We got our insert and the log splitter used and I think my pay back is about 2 years.

Robert
  4. roberth42

roberth42 Member

Loc:
    St. Lazare Quebec
    I could not agree with you more!! We feel the same way about our little 13-NC.
    Tonight temps will dip down to -6F, we have not had temps this low since we installed the stove and it will be interesting to see how it performs.

Enjoy your stove!!
  5. Mrs. Krabappel

Mrs. Krabappel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    hurumph :mad:
  6. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Do I sense disappointment, Kathleen? Is it the wood?
    That avatar......for some reason I'm thinking Hendrix' "Foxy Lady". Weird.
  7. Mrs. Krabappel

Mrs. Krabappel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    I have another thread complaining. Stove is working fine. Wood is fine. Love Hendrix!
  8. Rockey

Rockey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Ohio
    And here I thought you were quoting the governor from Blazing Saddles
  9. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    K, that 13 should be pumping the heat.

Color me confuzzled.
  10. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Air movement problems. One being heat trapped in the fireplace where it is installed.
  11. chvymn99

chvymn99 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kansas
    Yes, this thing needs air circulation. I've got a 12-14" fan on low shooting off the angled wall. I'm learning quite a bit on how to load and what size of wood to put in the box.