13 nch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebelduckman

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2013
Pulaski, Mississippi
I was fortunate enough to get 400 for my 17 yesterday. Before I buy from home depot for around 800 shipping and all, does anybody know of a better deal out there? I've looked but yet to find one but I could've missed something. Tia

Lots of people here have purchased stoves from Andy and I haven't heard any complaints. Seems most they have purchased were pellet stoves. At least one ESW employee works for them on the side refurbing stoves.

Rebel-I bought a nc13 from amfm couple months ago. No complaints about the transaction went pretty good-only blemish i could find was deep scratch on the side which was no big deal-they'll ship it to any business address, the blower doesn't come with it but they they give you a coupon for englander stove co. and they'll send one to ya free of charge....

Rebel-I bought a nc13 from amfm couple months ago. No complaints about the transaction went pretty good-only blemish i could find was deep scratch on the side which was no big deal-they'll ship it to any business address, the blower doesn't come with it but they they give you a coupon for englander stove co. and they'll send one to ya free of charge....

You can pick it up from the terminal too right?

I'd say for 150 off I could deal with this.

Attachments

• 2014-03-29 20.19.22.png
    2014-03-29 20.19.22.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
You can pick it up from the terminal too right?

"*Factory will ship on motor freight truck to terminal or freight hub center that services your area. We will contact you when item ships. From there you would go pick up. It can also ship to commercial business address (normally your work place) with fork lift or loading dock.
Now offer resident lift gate delivery for extra 75.00 at checkout, This is curb side only not an in the house delivery, you can request lift gate in the shipping method (drop-down box.)"

"*Factory will ship on motor freight truck to terminal or freight hub center that services your area. We will contact you when item ships. From there you would go pick up. It can also ship to commercial business address (normally your work place) with fork lift or loading dock.
Now offer resident lift gate delivery for extra 75.00 at checkout, This is curb side only not an in the house delivery, you can request lift gate in the shipping method (drop-down box.)"

Yea I was making sure I read that correctly thx

Hey Rebel! I was wondering what you ended up doing? Sounds like you can order with confidence from either supplier listed above and save some money.
Sounds like a fair price for the 17-on both sides of the transaction.
Now remember, those of us that don't always read every post like to have pics.

Hey Rebel! I was wondering what you ended up doing? Sounds like you can order with confidence from either supplier listed above and save some money.
Sounds like a fair price for the 17-on both sides of the transaction.
Now remember, those of us that don't always read every post like to have pics.

http://www.amfmenergy.com/50tnc13----epa-certified-noncatalytic-wood-stove--1850131801.html

Went ahead and got this one. That small scratch doesn't bother me one bit. I'm pumped now to install another stove! This one is hopefully gonna be here for a while.

They'll be plenty pics coming in the following week or so. I plan to have this 2 hearth finished before the stove arrives. Looks like I'm gonna wind up getting a couple 45's because I'm gonna be a couple inches shy on clearance.

Maybe call Englander support and ask if a 2" reduction would be permitted if you put up a proper ventilated wall shield? That is assuming that the stove pipe clearance is not the limiting factor.

Maybe call Englander support and ask if a 2" reduction would be permitted if you put up a proper ventilated wall shield? That is assuming that the stove pipe clearance is not the limiting factor.

That's what I was just thinking about. Doesn't a wall shield cut your clearance in half? If so, that's the route I'll take. My pipe isn't the problem. I have double wall stovepipe. I'd rather coat the wall and keep my flu straight, without bends

rebel, good choice-the 13 is nice stove for the$, the hearth requirements are ridiculous but it wasn't a deal breaker, i'm heating about 1000sq ft with it and it kept up. Here in central mn we had 46days where the temp never got above 10 degrees and alot of wind..shouldn't be a problem where your located...got about 6-7 hrs burn with seasoned ash..good luck

rebel, good choice-the 13 is nice stove for the$, the hearth requirements are ridiculous but it wasn't a deal breaker, i'm heating about 1000sq ft with it and it kept up. Here in central mn we had 46days where the temp never got above 10 degrees and alot of wind..shouldn't be a problem where your located...got about 6-7 hrs burn with seasoned ash..good luck

Thanks. I think it'll suit me just fine. I'm heating around 1000 myself but very drafty. Nice to hear your getting 6-7 hours burn. I wasn't getting but 4 out of the 17vl, that's why I upgraded. I'm hoping to heat 100% with wood now

Status
Not open for further replies.