1400 Napoleon wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Hart's Hearth sells them. If there isn't any experience here, you may want to contact them.

Matt

We have a Napoleon 1100, love the stove. We are heating 1000 square feet with it very well. We don't have a blower on it. I would recommend a Napoleon. Very clean burning stove. Great stove for the price.

I am also considering the Napoleon 1401 Insert. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

We heat our 1600 sq ft single story home with a Napoleon 1400 pedestal stove. This is our only heat and the stove is quite adequate. We, as yet, do not use a blower, but with a larger home you might consider it. Good burn times and the ash drop is great.

Hey fishercat. I like the Napoleon stoves and considered them. This is a good thread, but could I ask a favor? Please edit the title with the correct spelling of the stove manufacturer. That way others will easily locate this thread for future information.

thx.

Sorry for the spelling problem. It is now fixed. My spelling isn't great sometimes LOL :red: . I'm going to look at the stoves on Thursday. I will fill everyone in if I buy one. T :lol: hanks

I have a osburn 2400 insert. love it. it'll bake our 1800? sq feet house - definitly could have gone smaller but had a huge fireplace hole to fill up, and we do love to sit in a trance watching the dancing flames through that big window.

edit: doh! was cleaning my glasss and recognized that I have an osburn, not a napolean.

I just installed a Napoleon 1400, and love it. 1800 st ft and 100 year old Colorado home, reasonably insulated but not 21st century. Was using a 25 year old iron stove before and I can already tell after some 20 degrees eves, which is not a big deal around here and I consider moderate if not balmy, that the Napoleon is a terrific stove. Buring less wood, clean, efficient, and when it is optomizing (meaning I have a comfortable bed of coals), I can manage the stove output across the spectrum. The key is to get a nice bed of coals and then decided whether one needs just one log, or two or more, depending on your heat needs at the moment. I quickly learned to start with two or three pieces of 2x4 pine rectangles, get the process started, then choose one or more logs depending on current heating needs. I love this stove.

Only thing I need to resolve is if the baffles need to be all the way forward (leaving the gases to escape from the rear), or baffles back so the gases move to the front of the stove before exiting.

Oh, installation was easy. I couldn't be happier with the stove and am glad I did not get the 1900 which I was considering because that would have been too much for this house. I will easily manage 1800 sq ft and -20 below (which we hit a few times a year).

drh

drhiii said:
Only thing I need to resolve is if the baffles need to be all the way forward (leaving the gases to escape from the rear), or baffles back so the gases move to the front of the stove before exiting.

drh

The Baffles should be installed all the way to the back of the stove allowing gases to escape to the front.

Yessir. After more study and some responses, found this to be the answer. Baffles to the back....

thank you for your response...

Greg123 said:
drhiii said:

drh

The Baffles should be installed all the way to the back of the stove allowing gases to escape to the front.

Any dealer withan account to Copperfield can get and sell a Napoleon stove

Any dealer withan account to Copperfield can get and sell a Napoleon stove

There is a base price then door styles, leg sets, ventilated louvers and optional blower and heat deflector.
one can get the cheaper plate steel model or the more expensive cast iron
there is a bit of customising to be done to the final total price

Decided to buy the 1400 Napolean. Got it installed and burning at this time. Great stove. Can hardly wait for some cold weather. Still smells abit from the new burn but it's going away slowly but surely. Will report back when I've had some time to play with it.

Had our first real chill last eve. 20 degrees which is no big deal, but first time to get down there, and it will get a lot colder. The 1400 ran like a champ. Just have to make sure I have a good draft working...

The smell will go away after a couple of burns. At least mine did.

fishercat said:
Decided to buy the 1400 Napolean. Got it installed and burning at this time. Great stove. Can hardly wait for some cold weather. Still smells abit from the new burn but it's going away slowly but surely. Will report back when I've had some time to play with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.