• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Just noticed that my post count has reached that 15,000 number. Maybe I'm too windy?! All joking aside though, I've enjoyed the time I spend on this forum thanks to all of you wonderful guys.

Thanks for sharing, Backwoods.

Cool number of post ! I vote for backwoods as a moderator in appropriate forums! (If he wants to be one that is.) :lol: (And if you need one that is.) :cheese:

Nice Dennis! I've noticed that for each one of my posts during the past couple years, You seem to post about 50! You always have good advice and I've certainly taken a lot of your advice as I've learned to burn wood properly - in about 40 years I hope to be about on par with you! Cheers!

Wow Dennis! Way to go: I've been checking in regularly to see what's been going on. I appreciate all of the advise that you and the others have provided. I've been burning during this shoulder season here and there to get the "chill" out. Warm tonight, no need. This year flew by. Enjoy Thanksgiving, it's right around the corner. Jim

Thank YOU for passing your wisdom and knowledge along!...only 14,947 posts to go! :)

Don't have as many posts as you but have been here since 2007 as well. Time goes fast.

Thanks for your willingness to share lots of wisdom.

pen

It's us, that your wisdom & knowledge have helped, that should be saying thanks.
I've noticed more & more new members asking good questions.
Some or many questions may have already been answered here but it's difficult to go read every post or apply it to every situation.
So keep posting & sharing, we'll let you know if you get "to windy". :)
Looking forward to reading the next 15,000. :zip:
Good job Dennis.

I'm one year ahead on wood supply thanks to Dennis. I've seen him post it so many times it finally sank in. Having the room to put it is another issue. Way to go, post 15,000 more please.

That is right. I forgot the most important thing. Thanks Backwoods. For sharing your experience with us so that we may learn from your experience. I appreciate it man.

Backwoods Savage said:
Just noticed that my post count has reached that 15,000 number. Maybe I'm too windy?! All joking aside though, I've enjoyed the time I spend on this forum thanks to all of you wonderful guys.

Congrats on the 15000+, we all enjoy and rely on you post.

zap

It's not necessarily the quantity,but the quality that counts. Backwoods is one of the few (and we all know who they are) here known for the latter.

Congrats on the accomplishment.

here is your warm handshake and heartfelt pat on the back. keep the wit and advice coming! now, i remember when you turned 10,000...seems like only last year!!

good luck on the 15th.

We deleted the pics of the same wood stacks. You are back to 267. :lol:

Keep having fun Dennis. Glad you didn't have to test that return policy on the Fireview. Yeah, I have a long memory.

bogydave said:
It's us, that your wisdom & knowledge have helped, that should be saying thanks.
I've noticed more & more new members asking good questions.
Some or many questions may have already been answered here but it's difficult to go read every post or apply it to every situation.
So keep posting & sharing, we'll let you know if you get "to windy". :)
Looking forward to reading the next 15,000. :zip:
Good job Dennis.

+1 . . . except for his splitting advice. ;) :)

BrotherBart, just don't delete all the ones with advice about dry wood or he'll end up with a negative #. :cheese:
Dennis, glad you're here, and hope you can manage another 15,000 posts.
Really, all you need to do is continue discussing the merits of vertical splitting with Jake, and you're almost there. :lol:
I've been here for almost 4 years and can't imagine having that many posts. Amazing.
If I guesstimate, I'd only need to post 11.363636363636 times/day to have gotten that many in my time here. I actually did the rough math,.....now my head hurts.

Sometimes saying the same things over and over is very helpful. Some of us don't see it until the 16th time. Dry wood.....
:)

Milt said:
Sometimes saying the same things over and over is very helpful. Some of us don't see it until the 16th time. Dry wood.....
:)

That philosophy is what marketing is all about. Karl Rove being a master at this.

Backwoods Savage said:

That's rarefied air up there in that number! I'll probably never make it that high!

Webmaster said:
Backwoods Savage said:

That's rarefied air up there in that number! I'll probably never make it that high!

Well maybe if you weren't such a stranger, gallivanting all over the country and hanging out with miscreants at woodstove open houses all the time and spent more time inside in front of your computer. ;) :)

Webmaster said:

No doubt. Thats a lot of helping people. Did Craig tell you that after you hit 15000 that he actually PAYS for advice after that? :lol:

Thanks for always helping Backwoods. Thanks to you and all of you who participate on this site, it has been a wonderful learning experience for those of us who can still be considered newbies in many ways.

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.