$15 for Fiskars X25!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mxjamie540

Nov 10, 2009
southern illinois
Just wanted to let you guys know that I had the luck today! I was in our local Walmart when I spotted a Fiskars X25 laying alone on the shelf in lawn and garden...... which is mostly Christmas stuff now.

The Fiskars was all alone and there was no others in sight, nor was there a place on the shelf for it. I was really shocked to see a Fiskars long handled tool in our Walmart as I have looked for the last 3 years out of curiosity and never seen any. It was quite a fluke.

I searched further in lawn and garden to find the mother-lode to no avail. There was no others anywhere, nor was there a bar code on the particular X25 I held.

I hunted down a manager and told him the story. I asked how much for the Fiskars and he says..... "what will you give for it?"

I shoot an offer of $15 as a half joke......... Manager says DEAL! So needless to say I have a brand new X25 for $15.00 (well $16.01 with tax!)

GOOOOOOD Day to be in Walmart!

One day I noticed my local Walmart had three or four of the little short handled splitters all covered in dust way back on a bottom shelf in the garden department with no price on them. I have been keeping an eye out there for one with a full sized handle, but no such luck.

Yeah Quads, for $15 maybe even you can join the Fiskars club......

................only part time of course!

mxjamie540 said:

Just paid 50 for the x27 amazon

mxjamie540 said:

Not with the short handle though. Waiting to see one with the long handle locally.

quads said:
mxjamie540 said:

Not with the short handle though. Waiting to see one with the long handle locally.
Family Farm and Home has them if you have one of those locally. Maybe Blains Fleet Farm will get them.

IPLUMB said:
quads said:
mxjamie540 said:

Family Farm and Home has them if you have one of those locally. Maybe Blains Fleet Farm will get them.
Haven't been to Fleet Farm lately, but Farm and Fleet does not carry them.

In my local Canadian Tire store yesterday. All the Fiskars on sale @ 25% off this week. Bought the X-11 to go with my X-27. both mounted on my front rack box on the ATV. Tried the little 11, pretty slick little one hander. You can split up a goodly amount of kindling in a hurry with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.