15 year old Appalachian Gemini XL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

billz

Oct 9, 2008
Fountain Inn SC
I see a Appalachian Gemini XL on craigslist for $400. It's 15 years old. If anyone has any info I would love to hear it. I'm wondering if it's worth the $400. I live in Greenville South Carolina so my heat needs arn't that big. I use to live in Erie Pa so this is nothing down here. But I have this big brick thing (fireplace) in my livingroom and there is free firewood all around me. So I would love to get an insert. I've tried to have fires in the brick fireplace but I loose more heat then I gain. Thanks for any info. Bill

Probably worth the money but it won't work. The XL is a zero clearance fireplace stove that you build into the house. Not insert into an existing fireplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.