150 bags of Turmans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed P

Apr 13, 2013
Wapwallopen, Pa
Picked up my 3 tons of Turmans on Friday.... carried all 150 bags down into the basement. Nine steps down... nine steps up.. 150 times....2700 steps.. Phew....quite the workout!! This is my first year burning pellets, I must say i'm looking forward too it!

Reactions: CT Pellet
I store my 225 bags of pellets in basement. Here is a tip, instead of going up and down the stairs so many times, get a piece of plywood or an old smooth interior door and lay them on the stairs. It becomes a temporary shute;ex. I load up my garden cart and dump them at the top of stairs. Pellets slide down and land on some old pillows. It will go very fast this way:)

Reactions: Ed P and moey
Welcome, your Harman will love those Turmans, they are an excellent pellet.

Reactions: CT Pellet
Nice....You could not have done better.

Id be in bed with back pain after carrying that much up and down stairs... congrats...

Status
Not open for further replies.