$1500 tax credit - new for 2011?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2010
Utah
Just wondering if anyone has heard any rumors about a new credit for 2011? I wonder if there is not any credits available if stove prices will come down after the credit expires. I am not sure what stove prices pre-credit were running. We don't have any of the credit available and would be mad if I bought 2 months too early.
Thanks!

An extension would not work for us since we claimed the whole credit against our home. ICF construction. I was hoping for a new one.

Good luck on that one Carol. To me it makes sense to extend the credit but right now it appears doubtful that they will.

Boy I hope you are right on this Craig. It is needed.

Homestar passed the house ages ago - I see no movement on the senate side. How next week will affect this as well - who knows. I hope it gets passed, I want to install an air source water heater.

CarbonNeutral said:
Homestar passed the house ages ago - I see no movement on the senate side. How next week will affect this as well - who knows. I hope it gets passed, I want to install an air source water heater.

C.N. -

Are you talking about something along the line of a "Geyser" type of unit?

Sorry about the derail of the thread...

CarbonNeutral said:
+1. I've been following it as well, hoping to see passage & take full advantage of it as I did the last credit. I don't know for sure whether bio-mass heaters are covered in the House version, but the Alliance For Green Heat are listed as supporters of the bill, so that would indicate that they are included.

Status
Not open for further replies.