'16 / '17 Supply - Now becoming the '17 / '18 Supply

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up two more heaping loads this morning. Not very hot out, but the humidity had me sweating like crazy. I think the stuff I got today was black oak...but could have been an ordinary red. Still another load left to get, but he's not in a hurry and neither am I in this weather.

11 loads in a week, all within 10 miles of home....not too shabby. The pile is now over 6 feet tall, 8 wide at the base, and about 20 feet long. I figure I'll get about 5 cord out of it, maybe more since I hauled everything in rounds and the truck was sqatting pretty good on every load.

I think I'm done for a while, but I said that back in April too.

And no, its not a castle...it is a fortress to protect me against the scourge that is the propane man!

lukem said:
Picked up two more heaping loads this morning. Not very hot out, but the humidity had me sweating like crazy. I think the stuff I got today was black oak...but could have been an ordinary red. Still another load left to get, but he's not in a hurry and neither am I in this weather.

11 loads in a week, all within 10 miles of home....not too shabby. The pile is now over 6 feet tall, 8 wide at the base, and about 20 feet long. I figure I'll get about 5 cord out of it, maybe more since I hauled everything in rounds and the truck was sqatting pretty good on every load.

I think I'm done for a while, but I said that back in April too.

And no, its not a castle...it is a fortress to protect me against the scourge that is the
!

propane man is higher than the gasman! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.