16" Echo CS-3450 Chain?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

k3c4forlife

Oct 30, 2009
Hey All,

Just purchased an 16" Echo CS-3450 Chainsaw at a garage sale for $45. Needed the carb cleaned (just like pretty much everything else you buy used). The thing runs great and was only used enough to wear the chain down one time. I am in desperate need of a new chain or a chain sharpening kit. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin,
Stihl makes a nice little kit for $20--I bought it a couple weeks ago and, with a little show-and-tell from the dealer, it's made sharpening my chains super easy. Comes with a raker file, depth gauge/bar groove cleaner, file guide and case to hold it all. The Husky and Oregon pieces I've seen were all a little cheaper but didn't come with all the same pieces.
Check it out here: http://www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/acc_filing.html#filingkit

S

Status
Not open for further replies.