16 inch to 15 inch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
When I started cutting last year we never planned on a wood stove so I cut the length 16 inches. We decided in April we would purchase a wood stove (Liberty) if I want to take 1 inch off because I think it will load better for an all night burn what would be the easy way, everything is all ready split.

Zap

I did load east/west the other night when it dropped to 34 and had some nice coals the next morning to start the fire.

If I had to just take one inch off all of my splits, I'd set up a chop/miter/radial arm saw and just cut them off right before they go into the stove.

If i had to take one inch off I'd sell the stove lol

Can you cut the door opening? Maybe with a recipricating saw?

smokinj said:

It's a good woodstove, I will still be able to load it for the overnight burn without any problems. Rake the coals to the front and load the wood to the back and it will be fine. Smokinj, I'll have some pictures for Tuesday night of some Beech thats down(good size.) It's up in the area I call the bowl.

Zap

zapny said:
smokinj said:

It's a good woodstove, I will still be able to load it for the overnight burn without any problems. Rake the coals to the front and load the wood to the back and it will be fine. Smokinj, I'll have some pictures for Tuesday night of some Beech thats down(good size.) It's up in the area I call the bowl.

Zap
sweet Iam doing one this week end as well may turn the 260 into a 361 for added fun!lol

I load my liberty east west, If I load north south it burns hotter and faster. I have most of my wood cut to 20 to 22 in, with the shorter pieces i just mix them in to fit. I would never recut all the wood,just make do with what you have.

fespo said:
I load my liberty east west, If I load north south it burns hotter and faster. I have most of my wood cut to 20 to 22 in, with the shorter pieces i just mix them in to fit. I would never recut all the wood,just make do with what you have.

Thanks fespo, I think I'll just bank the coals to the front and load the wood east / west.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.