18" and snug as a bug.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Wolf

Minister of Fire
Jun 13, 2008
Eastern CT
After contending with the mass hysterial yesterday by people preparing for the end of life as we know it, its enjoyable to sit here with a cup of coffee looking out at the snow while the wood boiler makes that low roaring sound in the background and the house is nice and warm.
I will say I did my share of laying in supplies. A box of wine and a winter assortment of ales and porters. I already had 40+gallons of gas put up for the generator which guarantees that we won't lose power.

Got the oldest boy to fill the wood box and lay in extra on the floor. Sooner or later he's going to have to shovel a path to the wood pile to bring in more.
I'm going to shovel a path to my wood heated hot tub!!

Stay warm

Attachments

• snow dec09.jpg
    snow dec09.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 378
That's the smart way to use a snow shovel. Trouble is getting them big enough to use one and then use it. Once they figure it's work then they want to go elsewhere to get paid! Throw your snow shovel out on the waves and pretty soon it will come back to you. The youngest son bought a plow truck and comes over when there's a good snow. It's nice being warm!

all I got is one lousy inch of snow!

You guys in Maine deserve a break, My in-laws live in Hallowell, I know that you get more than your fair share. I need to go out & shovel & plow, I don't really mind snow as long as it's not a work day when I have to fight the traffic into work.

No snow in central NH, cold and windy outside, 70* inside, storage is at 175*, I gave the boiler the day off!

We probably picked up 6". Nice and fluffy and easy to plow. nice to come in to a nice warm house

Not even a lousy flake here. And we usually get a pile of it. Hope this is not a sign of whats to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.