$19.99 Fiskars X25.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HJsimpson

Burning Hunk
Apr 17, 2011
NE Indiana
I was at wal mart last night and seen a clearance rack back in home and garden. While looking i seen two X25's with the other axes which was the first time if seen them there. No price so i took to scanner and they were $19.99 each so i bought both of them. Ive been thinking about the X27 but couldnt beat the price on these. This morning i go out and give it a try. I grab a piece of ash first which splits great with my 6lb maul anyway and proceeded to scare the hell out of myself. It went through so easy and came real close to my foot. I went to a little taller chopping block and moved a little closer from there on out. Moved to some elm which was still tough but i got farther with the X25 then my 6lb maul. Well after this morning my rent a splitter pile got a little smaller. Not to bad for a $20 investment.

Attachments

• 2011-11-24_11-53-33_728.jpg
    2011-11-24_11-53-33_728.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 678
Sweet. Never seen one at Walmart. Where in NE Indiana are you? I get that way now and then, I'll have to keep my eyes open. I use my Fiskars occasionally, but mostly use my hydraulic splitter. I like to keep the Fiskars in the basement, but wouldn't mind another one or two. For that price I'd buy one to leave in the camper, and another by the wood pile, and still have one in the basement.

Depending on how tall you are, you may really like the x27. I'm 6'4" and got the x25 first, but like the x27 much better. Scared the crap out of myself the same way you did. The x25 is just a little too short.

Jeff im about 20 miles north of Ft Wayne. This was the first time i seen them there.
wannabegreener im 6'2" so the X27 would probably would be better but for the price i couldnt pass up and i wanted to see how well they worked.

HJsimpson, i wouldn't have passed up that price either. If you ever see the x27 at that price, pick one up and then let the rest of us know. I would grab a second one at that price.

i saw a X25 at Walmart today - it cost $37.99. You got a deal.

mine was $22.99 last year when I bought it. I felt like I was robbing a bank, lol. Was the only one there, and didn't have cardboard it or anything to get a price off of. I figured it couldn't be that much so I'll just buy it anyway. So I sat at the checkout for about 5 mins while someone ran to get a price on it... then said it was 22.99

Status
Not open for further replies.