1979 Classic WoodStocker Steel Wood/Coal stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tylervt

Nov 11, 2013
Vermont
Went out behind the shed to check out a stove I purchased about 15 years ago. It looked pretty good so I sprayed it with grill cleaner and wire brushed it.

I've been using a Waterford 104 small wood stove for about 13 years now in a different room.

image1(3).jpegimage0(7).jpeg image0(6).jpeg image2(1).jpeg

Last edited:
Wire wheel it and rub some stove black on it. It’ll look like new

That's a painted stove. Stove black is not appropriate. Prepped and painted with Stove Brite satin black would be much better.

Prepped and painted with Stove Brite satin black would be much better.
Thanks, ordering a liner for the fireplace flue. That metal shield on the front flips up into the stove for loading and it's about a two cubic foot fire box. Bigger than it looks. You can see just how thick the steel is looking at the picture of the 6" exhaust opening.

Thanks, ordering a liner for the fireplace flue. That metal shield on the front flips up into the stove for loading and it's about a two cubic foot fire box. Bigger than it looks. You can see just how thick the steel is looking at the picture of the 6" exhaust opening.
A lot of these old stoves had a short section of well casing pipe for flue collars.

Neat little stove. Does it have legs? I’m anxious to see how it works out for ya.